Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3800 MoH Audio Cord!

OllieNorth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Yall,

a client of ours has a Cisco voice router 3800.  We attached an external MoH player to this router.  When our technician arrived on site, he did not have the right cable with RCA-to-RJ11 ends, so he spliced the RCA cable at one end and put an RJ11 end on it, then used electric tape around the splice.  The client is complaining about a "Humming" noise from time to time. and he would have to try to reposition the audio cord to eliminate the noise (the 3800 is on a rack with a bunch of other electronic equipment close by).  The client is demanding we provide him with a pre-manufactured cord...One that has not been spliced!  I am having a hard time finding a shielded RCA-to-RJ11 audio cord!  My questions are:

1- Is that the correct cable for the 3800 Router?

2- Does anyone know where I can order such cable?

3- Does anyone have a part # for such cable?

Note:

I work for Spectrio, which is one of the largest Message on Hold companies in the US.  We usually contract technicians to install our MoH equipment worldwide!

Thank you

Ollie

2 Replies 2

Hi Ollie,

You can buy that cable in almost every electronic store or online.For example:

http://www.omnicronelectronics.com/digital/mod-sc.htm

If you want to make it your own follow these instruction:

MMusic on Hold from a Live Feed

The live-feed feature is typically used to connect to a CD jukebox player. To configure MOH from a live feed, you establish a voice port and dial peer for the call and also create a “dummy” ephone-dn. The ephone-dn must have a phone or extension number assigned to it so that it can make and receive calls, but the number is never assigned to a physical phone. Only one live MOH feed is supported per system.

Using an analog E&M port as the live-feed MOH interface requires the minimum number of external components. You connect a line-level audio feed (standard audio jack) directly to pins 3 and 6 of an E&M RJ-45 connector. The E&M voice interface card (VIC) has a built-in audio transformer that provides appropriate electrical isolation for the external audio source. An audio connection on an E&M port does not require loop-current. The signal immediate andauto-cut-through commands disable E&M signaling on this voice port. A G.711 audio packet stream is generated by a digital signal processor (DSP) on the E&M port.

Regards

Thank you so much Leo, I really appreciate all the good info...I'll  run with it, and I'l post back to confirm whether this issue has been resolved

Another Question:

Does Cisco provide a reference guide (a list), for all the Voice routers and what type of connectors they use for the MoH ports?  I know some have RJ11, RJ45, USB...etc!  it would be nice to have a reference guide on hand instead of digging for individual ones every time we have an MoH installation.

I appreciate the info

Ollie