Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3845 Router CME Phone disconnects and Noise in voice

Adnan Khan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have 3845 CME router with 150 IP phones. One floor has 50 users and other one has 100. Cisco 3845 CME supports 250 IP phones as per Data Sheet. The floor with 100 phones disconnects and reconnects during call and voice quality is bad however same config other floor with 50 phones doesn't have this issue. Any suggestion. CME ver is 8.

KR,

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adnan,

It should not be a capacity issue if it is impacting only one floor. Basically you need to compare the Switch model , switch(port) config , firmware and cabling on both floors to start with and check the show tech for any errors. Try to find how frequent the issue is, is it more prominent for some specific phone models or at some specific time of the day etc? If the switch , cabling and phone specific config is verified then get "debug ccsip messages" and "debug voice ccapi inout" for a failed call to get some hint of why the call is being disconnected.

HTH

Manish

Thanks for the reply Manish, I will update the status here about the issue. Access switches are HP and Aggregation switch is Cisco which is connected to CME. Just to give u more clear understanding of topology. I will check interface status on Cisco switch side for any packet loss or CRC.