cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3PCC phones auto answering multicast page when on active call

david.t.smith
Level 1
Level 1

I have been unsuccessful in getting the 3PCC/MPP 7841, 8841, and 8865 to not accept an incoming multicast page while on an active call. 

I have the following options set on the phone:

Voice > User > Supplementary Services >Auto Answer Page: No

Voice > Ext_x > Call Feature Settings > Auto Ans Page On Active Call: No

Phones on 11.2.1 MPP-630 firmware.

Anyone else run into this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

david.t.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure how I missed it, but the multicast page group string has a configurable priority option set as pri=n.

pggrp=multicast-address:port;[name=xxxx;]num=yyy;[listen={yes|no}]];pri=n

• PG_PRI_EMERGENT(Priority 0): If the phone receives a page with priority 0 during a call, the call will
be put on hold. After the paging is complete, the call resumes.
• PG_PRI_IMPRORTANT(Priority 1): If the phone receives a page with priority 1 during a call, the call
and the page audio is mixed.
• PG_PRI_NORMAL (Priority 2): If the device receives a page with priority 2 during a call, the phone
does not display any incoming page icon on the phone screen and the user only hears a notification tone.
Once the call ends and if the page is still active, the user sees the paging notification on the phone.
• PG_PRI_MINOR (Priority 3): If the phone receives a page with priority 3 during a call, the page is
ignored.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

david.t.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure how I missed it, but the multicast page group string has a configurable priority option set as pri=n.

pggrp=multicast-address:port;[name=xxxx;]num=yyy;[listen={yes|no}]];pri=n

• PG_PRI_EMERGENT(Priority 0): If the phone receives a page with priority 0 during a call, the call will
be put on hold. After the paging is complete, the call resumes.
• PG_PRI_IMPRORTANT(Priority 1): If the phone receives a page with priority 1 during a call, the call
and the page audio is mixed.
• PG_PRI_NORMAL (Priority 2): If the device receives a page with priority 2 during a call, the phone
does not display any incoming page icon on the phone screen and the user only hears a notification tone.
Once the call ends and if the page is still active, the user sees the paging notification on the phone.
• PG_PRI_MINOR (Priority 3): If the phone receives a page with priority 3 during a call, the page is
ignored.