Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3PCC Phones: How to manipulate format of CallHistory-List

JanCor
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

Setup: Cisco 3pcc Phones on an asterisk Server are setup to access an external trunk by dialing "0" as prefix.

e.g.: To dial an external number as 012345 it has to be entered as "0012345" by the phone users.

The phone's call list shows "0012345" in the history list as long as the call has not been ansered by the other party.

As soon as this call was answered, the call list shows "012345" and "looses" the prefix.

Than "redial" does no longer function. The number has to be dialed manually or altered in the list manually.

Does anyone know, what variables determine the list-entry and if the format can be altered?

Many thanks!

Jan

7 Replies 7

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please share your dialplan?

Hello Geovani,

...with pleasure:

(*xxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

It's quite standard.

thanks Jan

Can you please take a look at the admin guide? 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/MPP/8800/english/AG/p881_b_8800-mpp-ag_new.pdf

More specifically on page 476: 

<:1>xxxxxxxxxx
When the user dials 9725550112, the number 1 is added at the
beginning of the sequence; the system transmits 19725550112.

Might be an idea? 

Hi Geovani,

thanks for your fast reply!

That's not doing the trick.

That would be if the users didn't want to dial the prefix for the external trunk and the phone's dialplan would add it for them.

They want to dial the prefix in advance of the number to determine "this is an outside call". (as you dial "9" in the US)

Even the phone history is correct then and logs "0012345" in the call history - but just in case and as long as the call is not been answered.

The thing is: Once the call has been answered in an active call (by pickup on the other end/answering machine/whatever) that very moment the number in my display changes from 0012345 (what I have dialed) into 012345 (loosing the prefix). And since then it is also in the phone history (not what I have dialed but what has been sent from the opposite party.)

Is there a way I keep what I have dialed?

(Incoming calls are manipulated correctly: All external calls get the prefix "0" added, so that number can be called back via the phone's call history list.)

thanks, Jan

I found out what does the trick: To manipulate the Number in the field "Caller Id Map", and to tell the phone, to add a "0" as prefix.

Then all incoming numbers get an additional prefix but also (what I needed) those outgoing calls, after the line was picked up.

Unfortunately we did this number maniupaltion for all incoming calls already on the SBC. So now we get two "0" as prefix.

If a deactivate this "central" manipulation on the SBC and set it decetrally on ever single cisco phone, it works... on the cisco phones.

But now, all other extensions (softphones etc.) miss the prefix..

...so, it's still not perfect...

No idea how this works in the 3PCC firmware as I’ve never worked with them, but can you not set the rules for adding a zero to only do that if there is not two zeros? That way you should still be able to keep the central manipulation in the SBC and the phones would add the second zero if it’s missing. Another option would be to turn off number updates in the SBC as the call travels through it if that’s possible.

Response Signature

Its difficult to see exactly whats happening, but try to play with the values under Caller ID Header