cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4321 not registering with CUCM

jason.finnigan1
Level 1
Level 1

Our Cisco 4321 is our CUBE router as well as it has 2 fxo ports (and one T1 no longer used).

I recently changed the router to be SSH rather than Telnet and setup user/passwords. when I did this the CUBE part for SIP termination is still working but the FXO ports are no longer registering. I've deleted the gateway in CUCM and readded it to the same affect.

What can I do to have them register (preferably without any down time of the router, it's routing to the Call manager, handing out DHCP to the phones as well as SIP trunks for outbound)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jason,

Domain name mismatch would impact MGCP registration as you just found out, for future MGCP registration issue you can take the below debug for troubleshooting

debug ccm-manager config-download
debug ccm-manager errors
debug ccm-manager events

JB

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

Can you provide output for below

Show ccm-manager
Show mgcp endpoint

JB

I figured this one out.. when I setup SSH I of course had to set the domain name for the cert so instead of VGW_RTR as it's hostname for MGCP it would be VGW_RTR.DOMAIN 

Anyway changed that in CUCM and it worked.

Hi Jason,

Domain name mismatch would impact MGCP registration as you just found out, for future MGCP registration issue you can take the below debug for troubleshooting

debug ccm-manager config-download
debug ccm-manager errors
debug ccm-manager events

JB