Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4351 router integrated with CUCM

marine253
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I have a CUCM infrastructure and I have 2 PRA lines (2 x 30 Channels) which we are planning to terminate on a brand new Cisco 4351 .

Our supplier quoted us 1 x 64-channel DSP module.

Is that correct?

They also quoted CUBE-10 license? what is that for? Is that mandatory?

Is there a special license which should run on the router? Is IP base enough? (Because we are not planning to use the router as call manager express?)

Thank you,

4 Replies 4

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You will need at a minimum 64 PVDM Channels to cope with 60 ISDN Lines.  You also need to think about any other Media requirements for the box, for example Transcoding or Conference Bridging.

There is a useful DSP Calculator you can use to get the number of PVDM Modules correct.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/applications/dsp-calc.html

The CUBE licenses are only needed if you intend on installing SIP Trunks.  It may just be that they are bundled with your particular model.  If they are a separate chargeable line item, there would be no need for them.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thank you so much.

So , CUBE-10 will allow me to make 10 SIP trunks?

What about the license on the router? Will IP base be enough? Or will i require other license such as voice ,collaboration etc..

Hi,

Exactly, CUBE-10 is for 10 Concurrent Calls over a SIP Trunk.

You will need to activate the UC Feature license to get all of the Voice Related commands.  This should come as a bundle with the router itself.  Make sure it is included in the quote.

Thanks

Rob

Sounds like you were quoted a voice bundle which comes with the 10 CUBE licenses, which you may or may not need, but it comes at no charge to you. 

As to the PVDM requirements, I am assuming you received proper NIM cards which typically come with PVDMs on them and are required for your TDM-IP calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: