cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6921 DST Timezone issue

Dan Batdorff
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with our 6921 phones in Brazil related to DST time zones.

We have 7900 series phones at this location and they have the correct time displayed.  Our 6921 phones are showing the wrong time.

In reviewing the issue thru searches it looks like there were older versions that addressed this problem.

We are running firmware version SCCP69XX.9-4-1-3SR1.

There is a an SR2 version available but I can not find any information related to the DST time zone issue for this release.

Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Onkar Mahajan
Level 1
Level 1

Is it on CUCM or CME ? How much time 6921 phones differ from actual time ?

CUCM 10.5.  The 6921 phones are all 1 hour off.

This document could be helpful to start investigation

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/118744-technote-cucm-00.html

7900 phones use tzupdater.jar file whereas 69xx phones use tzdatacsv.csv to update timezone data

Download config file of any 6921 phone and make sure it has this section

<device>
<tzdata>
<tzolsonversion>version</tzolsonversion>
<tzupdater>tzdatacsv.csv<tzupdater>
</tzdata>
</device>

Then make sure tzdatacsv.csv is available on TFTP and information in it is correct. If its not then you can use 'utils update dst' on cucm 10.5

I have exactly the same problem with 69XX phones in Brazil on CUCM running 11.0.1.20000-2. The latest DST pack (ciscocm.dst-updater.2015g-el6-00.11.0.1.cop.sgn) has been applied and the cluster nodes were rebooted. To isolate the firmware issue, I have also migrated one of the 69XX phones from SCCP to SIP (load ID: SIP69xx.9-4-1-3) - issue remains the same. I guess a call to Cisco TAC is inevitable.

Cisco TAC is not providing any viable solution to this issue. Upgrading the phone's firmware to SR2 version (SCCP 9.4.1.3.SR2) did not help. One workaround that I can suggest to you is to do the following:

1. Create a new Date/Time group for 69XX series phones (e.g. BRZ-69XX-exDST_DTG) and assign '(GMT-3:00) America/Araguaina' time zone to it.
  2. Copy the existing Device Pool that is used by 6900-series phones, change the Date/Time Group to the above Date/Time Group and save it naming something like 'BRZ-69XX-exDST_DP)
  3. Update the 6900-series of phones using BAT (best to query phones by phone type and device pool) to use the newly created Device Pool.

That would be a good solution until Cisco figures out a fix. If the fix does not emerge until October 16, 2016, you just have to remember to change the DTG for the Device Pool used by 6900-series phones back to '(GMT-3:00) America/Sao_Paulo'.