cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821 Ip phone ; Enter your activation code or service domain on the Welcome screen problem

ozden ozdugun
Level 1
Level 1

Call Manager version 11.x

When we add the phone tı the network , we see Enter your activation code or service domain on the Welcome screen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Ozden,

check your switch-port configuration settings. Verify that the port has correct vlan and cdp enabled.

Georgios.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Ozden,

check your switch-port configuration settings. Verify that the port has correct vlan and cdp enabled.

Georgios.

Georgios

Yes; switch port is worked port an another  phone

Hello Ozden,

this message suggests that the phone does not have a TFTP server configured and tries to auto-detect one.

Please, verify your DHCP configuration.

Georgios.

Georgios

we controlled dhcp scope;option 150 tftp ip address is the call manager ip adres

Do you confirm that the phone receives proper IP settings? Also, perform a full "Reset Settings".

Georgios

can the problem about phone auto registration ? 

That message is received when the phone does not have a TFTP or cannot reach it, and it assumes it's out of a corporate network and will use MRA.

Do a factory reset, and make sure all your network settings are fine, or try a manual configuration.

The phone assumes that either it has already been properly configured in CUCM, or auto-registration is enabled.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

gracias, me sirvio perfecto no tenia el tftp el telefono, saludos 

The Phone cannot get to the TFTP to register. Turn on "Alternate TFTP" and enter the TFTP server IP. This was what I did to fix the issue.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@ozden ozdugun wrote:

we see Enter your activation code or service domain on the Welcome screen 

I think the phone is loaded with 3PCC firmware (instead of Enterprise) and needs to be converted to Enterprise version.

Those options are for Spark and/or MRA, and 3PCC phones are not compatible with either one.

Update the 7800/8800 firmware 11.0(1) documentation for activation code
CSCux91710
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, Java.

On The Customer Side,they have Mac Filter .so the problem solved.thank you for your help

I had this problem too, I solved by by checking the right port in the  switch and changing the cable it works perfectly