cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821 Phone Configuration with RingCentral

Aaron L
Level 1
Level 1

I bought the CP-7821-K9 off amazon and i'm unable to configure it with the SIP domain and credentials that RingCentral has provided me. Is this phone capable of using RingCentral? If so how do I configure it?

Note: RingCentral lists the 7841 model as a compatible phone. I'm somewhat unfamiliar with configuring Cisco phones and would like some guidance please. Thanks!

Active Load: sip78xx.11-5-1SR1-1 
Model: CP-7821-K9

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You bought a phone with the enterprise FW, which means you will need to provide it with a list of all the files that it would use as if registered to CUCM or CME, search for Leo Lahoo's posts on CSC on the topic, there's plenty of them..

If what you were looking for, was a phone with a nice GUI to configure everything, you had to buy the -3PCC device, not the -K9.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/collaboration-endpoints/ip-phone-7800-series-multiplatform-firmware/tsd-products-support-series-home.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You bought a phone with the enterprise FW, which means you will need to provide it with a list of all the files that it would use as if registered to CUCM or CME, search for Leo Lahoo's posts on CSC on the topic, there's plenty of them..

If what you were looking for, was a phone with a nice GUI to configure everything, you had to buy the -3PCC device, not the -K9.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/collaboration-endpoints/ip-phone-7800-series-multiplatform-firmware/tsd-products-support-series-home.html

HTH

java

Is it technically possible to 'flash' / replace the 7800 series enterprise firmware (-K9) with the multiplatform firmware (-3PCC), even if phone is then not subsequently supported by Cisco?

We provide no way to do that.

HTH

java

Jaime - I too bought the wrong phone, but I haven't been able to find anything in my searches for Leo posts on the topic.  Could you point me to something?  While I'd like to get the right phone, my customer wants a white phone.  Yes a white phone. My distributor is indicating the 7821 3PCC version is NOT available in white.

@Jaime Valencia wrote: