cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821 phones

Emmy
Level 1
Level 1

A big number of 7821 phones are now automatically going on speaker on every call, I've tried resetting all settings with no fix. anyone with ideas on how to fix this issue please

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you apply new firmware file recently or other changes?

Are calls going to speaker after you press Answer or automatically when call comes in?

No, I haven't applied a new firmware, and wen a call coems in if you pick up the hook, you will have to press the answer button for a call to go through and it automatically goes on speaker, if you release the speaker button the calls disconnects.

Hi,

If you pickup the handset, can you hear the dial tone?

Can you please send a screenshot of your phone config?

Thanks 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I hear nothing when I pick up the phone,

Hi,

How many lines did you configure on that IP Phone?

If you pickup the handset and press the line 1 button, can you hear the dialtone?

Please let me know

Best Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hello,

It s only one  line configured 

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

You could try a couple of things. Try to restore to factory defaults. Next plan is to upgrade the firmware on a couple of phones and test. Could be a case for TAC and find out any hardware problems and raise RMA.

PERFORM 7821 IP PHONE FACTORY RESET THROUGH PHONE KEYPAD

Step 1   Unplug the phone:

If using PoE, unplug the LAN cable.

If using the power cube, unplug the power cube.

Step 2   Wait 5 seconds.

Step 3   Press and hold # and plug the phone back in.

Step 4   When the light on the Mue button and handset light strip turns off and all other lights (Line button, Headset button, Speakerphone button, and Select button) stay green, press 123456789*0# in sequence.

When you press 1, the lights on the line buttons turn red. The light on the Select button flashes when a button is pressed.

After you press these buttons, the phone goes through the factory reset process.

If you press the buttons out of sequence, the phone powers on normally.

Warning –

Do not power down the phone until it completes the factory reset process, and the main screen appears.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***