cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7841 keeps trying to register

woffordcm
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running CUCM 8.6 and we are trying to integrate 7841 phones in to our system.

I have installed devicepack8.6.2.26154-1 and 78xx-10-2-1-12SR1-4.

I added the phone and it is able to register, how ever it keeps un-registering and registering again.

I have let the phone for a week and still no staying registered.

I plug a 6941 in the same port and every thing works fine.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Callis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

After you installed the device pack and the firmware, did you do a cluster wide reboot?

I had skipped that step once before and had similar results to what your describing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Adam Callis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

After you installed the device pack and the firmware, did you do a cluster wide reboot?

I had skipped that step once before and had similar results to what your describing.

I did a cluster wide restart, from the OS Administration page. However after your post and reading a few others I decided to do it from the CLI with "utils system restart", publisher first then each subscriber and TFTP servers one at a time. This did resolve my issue.

Thank you.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Could be the firmware. The public 78xx firmware quality isn't as good as some of the other Cisco handsets. I've got an ES version of the 78xx firmware (78XX_10-2-1ES3) and that's got a lot of bugs fixed in it. (I believe there's an even later one that has even more bugs fixed)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: