cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7841 keeps trying to register

woffordcm
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running CUCM 8.6 and we are trying to integrate 7841 phones in to our system.

I have installed devicepack8.6.2.26154-1 and 78xx-10-2-1-12SR1-4.

I added the phone and it is able to register, how ever it keeps un-registering and registering again.

I have let the phone for a week and still no staying registered.

I plug a 6941 in the same port and every thing works fine.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Callis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

After you installed the device pack and the firmware, did you do a cluster wide reboot?

I had skipped that step once before and had similar results to what your describing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Adam Callis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

After you installed the device pack and the firmware, did you do a cluster wide reboot?

I had skipped that step once before and had similar results to what your describing.

I did a cluster wide restart, from the OS Administration page. However after your post and reading a few others I decided to do it from the CLI with "utils system restart", publisher first then each subscriber and TFTP servers one at a time. This did resolve my issue.

Thank you.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Could be the firmware. The public 78xx firmware quality isn't as good as some of the other Cisco handsets. I've got an ES version of the 78xx firmware (78XX_10-2-1ES3) and that's got a lot of bugs fixed in it. (I believe there's an even later one that has even more bugs fixed)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.