Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7841 phone is not reaching voicemail

chandru_bbc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have configured around 30 IP phones and all were working on voicemail profile. But for 1 phone the call is not reaching voicemail. Whenever I press the voicemail button or VM pilot DN its giving busy tone. Checked in RTMT port monitor, by calling the VM pilot DN and not seeing the call traces in RTMT.

Under the line configuration, UnityVM profile is associated, and in end user the voicemail profile is associated.

But still the phone is not going to voicemail. May I know what could be the issue?

-chandru

4 Replies 4

Can you try dialing the voicemail hunt pilot number from this extension? Have you considered this option instead of using the voicemail mailbox button for testing?

Response Signature

chandru_bbc
Level 1
Level 1

Yes I have tested that too already by dialing the VM pilot DN, and getting busy tone. Didnt see that traces in Port monitor in RTMT.

chandru_bbc
Level 1
Level 1

any suggestion??

Given the behavior, I would check the device calling search space and the line calling search space. If you are getting busy tone when dialing the pilot and do not see the call in Real Time Data, a CSS problem is the most likely culprit.

If both the device CSS and line CSS are the same as working devices, I would suggest capturing a trace file that includes the call attempt so we can see what is going on.

Maren