cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7914 module - light keep steady red

ciscoroyzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,   I have tried to connecte and configure a cisco 7961G with 7914 mdule, but one connected the 7914 module to the 7961g phone, phone stilll register as normal but lights on 7914 keep red, the user gude indecates that after LCD screen refreshed the lighted buttons will all go off. but not in my case, is there anything I would do on the 7961 phone?   thanks in advance.  Roy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Roy

Did you also connect the aux cable between the phone and module?

Aside from that, you would need to set the expansion module type on the phone configuration in CUCM. As recall there are two expansion module drop-down boxes that you would set to 7914 (do only the first if you just have one).

You also then need to set a Phone Button Template to configure the module lines. THe first 6 buttons on the template will be the base phone buttons, and the next 14 the buttons on the expansion module.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Roy

Did you also connect the aux cable between the phone and module?

Aside from that, you would need to set the expansion module type on the phone configuration in CUCM. As recall there are two expansion module drop-down boxes that you would set to 7914 (do only the first if you just have one).

You also then need to set a Phone Button Template to configure the module lines. THe first 6 buttons on the template will be the base phone buttons, and the next 14 the buttons on the expansion module.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,  thanks for the quick reply.   Yes the aux was connected, I also have configured the expansion modiule now. the light is off. now the issues is when I try the modify the button template, I can not see the extra 14 buttons. at the moment the 7961 has been selected,  is there any special button template for 7914 module. thanks. Roy 

I worked out, thanks for helping Aaron... cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: