Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7945 phone its not registering

Hi i am waseem

Cisco Ip phone 7945 is not registering ipaddress, TFTP DHCP and communication from CUCM to ip phone is good every thing is fine. But still phone displays show "Registering".

I have doubt ! if i delete ITL file from IP phone it will works. Because i am not sure.

Can you help in this issue !  

6 Replies 6

Are you using IP or Domain Name for CUCM? If domain name make sure that
phone is getting dns server IP and that is resolving the name of CUCM.

Also, check the services on CUCM enabled and running?

Check reachability and in case ports are being blocked.

Hi
i am using ip address and yes phone is getting DNS server and there is reachability also good.
But still phone is showing registering.

PhonesRUs
Level 1
Level 1

I would try cleaning out the ITLs on the phone, but the other thing I've had as a mistake is setting the wrong phone type in the 7900 series in a hurry, I know it sounds like a no-brainer.

I would clean out the ITLs if you haven't done so yet (sorry - "I have doubt ! if i delete ITL file from IP phone it will works. Because i am not sure." didn't leave it clear to me) and also re-check all your configs, if you've got the right ITL's, and you have the right config, I'm a little stumped unless it's a DNS issue or the like, as the previous reply mentioned.

The only other thing could be specific ports or traffic that is being blocked, you've verified you have a clean path from a networking perspective?

Thanks for every one for your replies!

Can you try to ping the IP address from CUCM, which the phone is receiving via DHCP and see if it responds or not ?
Check the status message on the phone and see what error does it give.
Try to manually register the phone manually by entering network details on the phone itself.

HTH
Regards
Abhay
Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Thanks Abhay