cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7945 phone - lines appear on screen

kevbo
Level 5
Level 5

This is a strange fault/bug  I would like to know if anyone has experineced the same issue.

I will try to explain,

If the line description on a 7945 is over a certain number of lower case characters and contains characters with descenders, g,j,q,p,y when this line receives a call the line description moves to the right so you can see the caller ID. When the call finishes black lines appear where the lower case (descender) characters moved to. These black lines stay on the display.

I configured line 1 on my 7945 with line text label LoggedOutEMDevice #79246 I then called it using my caller ID Kevin Richardson. A line is left on the display where the gg moved to…

Restarting the phone removes the lines.

Obviously this is not an operational issue more aesthetic but would be interested if anyone out there has experienced the same thing

CUCM 7.1.3.32900-4

Phone load - SCCP45.8-5-3S

SCCP45.8-4-4S

Tried new batch of phones.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I tried to reproduce your issue using a 7965 running firmware version SCCP45.9-2-1S.  I have my line text label set as LoggedOutEMDevice #79246 so that it has gg and it long like yours.  I then called from another phone with an internal caller ID of Kevin Richardson.  Once I answer the call and hang up I do not see a line on the display. 

Would you be able to test a newer firmware on one phone and if the problem still exists take a screenshot of the phone for me please?  Here's how to take a screenshot of an IP phone

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11888

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I tried to reproduce your issue using a 7965 running firmware version SCCP45.9-2-1S.  I have my line text label set as LoggedOutEMDevice #79246 so that it has gg and it long like yours.  I then called from another phone with an internal caller ID of Kevin Richardson.  Once I answer the call and hang up I do not see a line on the display. 

Would you be able to test a newer firmware on one phone and if the problem still exists take a screenshot of the phone for me please?  Here's how to take a screenshot of an IP phone

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11888

Hi

It has taken me a very long time to reply, apologies. This was a firmware issue. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my initial request.

cheers

Kev