Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7960 IP Phone Registration Issue

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I'm having a real tough time trying to get a Cisco 7960 IP Phone loaded properly. I bought this one off eBay (which may be the problem right there, but nonetheless), and I'm trying to register it with my home lab. I know all the settings of my lab are correct because when I plug in another phone I have with the same model, it works. Here's what's happening:

1) When plugging the phone in, it says "Cisco Systems, Inc Copyright 2000" (2000? Really? )

2) It configures it's IP, VLAN and all that

3) Phone says "Verifying Load....Registering" quickly followed by "File not found: P00303020209. bin"

4) The phone then shows "Opening" with the little spinning circle, then after a minute it will repeat from Step 3

I've tried resetting it to factory defaults in the phone's menu, didn't work. I tried doing the unplug, hold #, plug in doesn't even allow me to input the button sequence of '123456789*0#'.

Does anyone know of a way to manually load firmware into this phone? Or is this phone pooched?

Thanks,

Neocec

4 Replies 4

pjallipalli
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Neo

How about pushing the load from the CUCM device page using the ip phone load option? if you have not tried it till, get a newer version of load for 7960 from CSCO, load it up on the CUCM and push. you might need to do it numerous times though

or get the same version the other working phone is working on and push it on to this one.

Hope it works out.

Good luck.

Hey pjallipalli,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what you mean though. Where is this option to push the load to the phone? Can you please give steps? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Neocec

Hey Neo,

Glad it is resolved, the push needs to be done from the Device config page on the CUCM after adding the image on to the tftp, just like you did

take care

good luck.

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

I got this one resolved. I managed to find the files that the phone was requesting on a CCM 4.x server we have. After loading them into the TFTP server of my CUCM 7.1, it was happy and updated the firmware!

Thanks,

Neocec