cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7965 Failures

junior.beatty
Level 1
Level 1

Just curious if anybody has an idea what course of action I have in regards to the 7965 phones which have component issues which cause them to fail after a power cycle.  I have reached out to our local Cisco rep with no luck.  Also the phones are not covered by SmartNet.  Since this is a known problem by Cisco, I would think Cisco would prefer to take care of the effected phones.  Any info will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Chris,

Hope all is well my friend!

I think this field notice is what Junior is referring to and he should be receiving support from his CAM or SE in my opinion;

FN 63772 - IP Phones - May Fail To Boot-Up After A Power Cycle - Fix-on-Failure

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/637/fn63772.html

I would escalate this with your Cisco account team and sent them this "clip" from the field notice;

Normal SmartNet and warranty entitlement rules remain in place and are applied by the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) if you experience a failure in one of the products listed in the Field Notice. In other circumstances, such as out of warranty or out of contract, Cisco encourages you to raise your concern directly with your Cisco account team.

Fix on failure Replacement Guidelines: Request Return Material Authorization (RMA) product through normal service support channels.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How do you figure this is known Cisco problem? Is there a bug associated with it or a notice that you can point to?  have you tried different firmware versions? I've deployed thousands of these phones and do not recall a component issue causing failure after power cycle.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Chris,

Hope all is well my friend!

I think this field notice is what Junior is referring to and he should be receiving support from his CAM or SE in my opinion;

FN 63772 - IP Phones - May Fail To Boot-Up After A Power Cycle - Fix-on-Failure

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/637/fn63772.html

I would escalate this with your Cisco account team and sent them this "clip" from the field notice;

Normal SmartNet and warranty entitlement rules remain in place and are applied by the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) if you experience a failure in one of the products listed in the Field Notice. In other circumstances, such as out of warranty or out of contract, Cisco encourages you to raise your concern directly with your Cisco account team.

Fix on failure Replacement Guidelines: Request Return Material Authorization (RMA) product through normal service support channels.

Cheers!

Rob

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks Rob.

Happy Holidays!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: