cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7965 MWI "envelope icon" won't turn off.

coconino1969
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I'm working with a CUCM 7.1, Cisco Unity 4.0 and a couple of Cisco 7965s with 7915 modules..

I have a couple of 7965 phones sharing a directory number on the second button, the first button have other directory numbers assignes to them (the users personal directory numbers) .

The shared line mentioned above is on a "day schedule" partition. The same directory number is also on a "off hours schedule" partition sending all calls to voice mail from 5:00 PM to 8:00 AM, this DN is beign used by a CTI.

Now to the actual problem - The MWI envelope that flashes on the display when there's new messages will not clear up, the users will clear the voice mails and the red light on the handset will clear but not the envelope.

I have checked the settings in the DN config, and everything appears properly set.

Could someone give me an idea as to what could be causing this little problem?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the flashing envelope next to the line appearance that the user clears the message for or perhaps another line? 

What if you loging to voicemail system and check the MWI status on the mailbox, is it still showing on or off?

Chris

Chris

The flashing envelope is next to the line appearance in question.

In Unity, the account MWI status is off.

Thanks

Is the extension in parition that is listed in the CSS assigned to the VM ports or SIP trunk?

What's odd is that the light goes OFF, you may need to pull traces on Unity and CUCM.

Chris

Chris

The DN's partition is in the calling search space used for the voicemail ports.

I will start working on the traces.

Thanks