cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8811 Will not register after moving to new router/circuit

Jason Amick
Level 1
Level 1

I work for a company and we have 250+ remote sites and we are starting to use the cisco 8811 phones in replacement of the cisco 7962 model phones.  We originally had to load the device pack on our CUCM System version: 8.6.2.23900-10 cluster to support these new phones.  The phones work fine and register properly as we have 750 of them currently deployed.  We are also working on a project of upgrading some of our remote sites from a single T1 or bundled T1 multilink circuits to a 10mb ethernet handoff circuit and this is where we have issues with the model 8811 phones.  Normally when upgrading the circuit at one of our sites we send out a new router to do a test and turn-up on the circuit to make sure we do not see any errors before making the flip from the sites current router/circuit to the new router/10mb circuit.  As soon as we make the flip and the remote phones lose connectivity to CUCM the phones will just loop through "registering" and will never register to CUCM. After waiting and running out of time we then have to roll back to the current router/circuit and the phones register back to CUCM.  We also have 2 7925 wireless phones at this site and they will register fine.  We have completed several identical upgrades with our other locations which have 7962 phones which is why I think it might be bug related to the 8811 model.  I have a current TAC case opened but have yet to make any progress as TAC reviewed RTMT event viewer logs and status messages of the phone itself (Below).  We have tried all 3 firmware loads below on the 8811 model phones but we still have the same issue.  Does anyone have any suggestions and have they seen this before with this model phone?  Thanks!!

sip88xx.10-2-2-16

sip88xx.10-3-1-20

sip88xx.11-0-1-11

[12:32:13pm 05/16/16] TFTP timeout : SEP3820561920FB.cnf.xml.sgn
[12:32:15pm 05/16/16] VPN not configured
[12:32:37pm 05/16/16] TFTP timeout : SEP3820561920FB.cnf.xml.sgn
[12:32:39pm 05/16/16] VPN not configured
[12:33:01pm 05/16/16] Time zone data download failed
[12:33:13pm 05/16/16] Time zone data download failed
[12:34:21pm 05/16/16] ITL installed
[12:34:23pm 05/16/16] SEP3820561920FB.cnf.xml.sgn(HTTP)
[12:34:26pm 05/16/16] VPN not configured
[12:34:26pm 05/16/16] Time zone data download failed
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pkinane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There isn't enough information provided for people to be able to help just yet. This is an issue where you would want to get the pcaps from the phones, the router, and the servers. You would want to review the console logs on the phones as well. What happens if you reset a phone by unplugging it when it is stuck?

-------------

Please rate helpful content (i.e. videos, documents, comments) so quality content shows at the top of people's search results. Also, please select the correct answer(s) if any comment(s) answers your question otherwise the question remains on the support forums as unanswered.

-------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

pkinane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There isn't enough information provided for people to be able to help just yet. This is an issue where you would want to get the pcaps from the phones, the router, and the servers. You would want to review the console logs on the phones as well. What happens if you reset a phone by unplugging it when it is stuck?

-------------

Please rate helpful content (i.e. videos, documents, comments) so quality content shows at the top of people's search results. Also, please select the correct answer(s) if any comment(s) answers your question otherwise the question remains on the support forums as unanswered.

-------------

TAC has issued us an ES firmware to test out and we are going to test it out once we get an okay from the business.  I have also attached the console logs from one of one of the phones onsite during our last attempt on 5/16 ~11:50am - 12:20PM in case someone here could see something that TAC might have missed. Our second attempt with making the move physically unplugging the phone itself after moving to the new router/circuit did nothing, when we had to roll back to the extisting circuit/router the phone still never registered but after unplugging them 1 by 1 they then registered.  On our third attempt we had the same scenario after moving to the new circuit/router where the phones would not register and when it was time to roll back we just moved everything back over and the phones automatically registered without having to manually reset the phones.  I will post back when I have tested the ES firmware as well as when I have some wireshark data.  In the mean time if anyone sees anything with the attached console logs let me know.  Thanks!!

What are these three IP addresses?

Especially .12 and .13

I see the phone sending register messages to .12 and .13; however, I don't see any without replies. You can search in files (using notepad ++) for JAVA: sipio- and maybe you will find something I missed.

-------------

-------------

Thanks,10.31.18.12 and 10.31.18.13 are both my CUCM subscribers and the 10.5.25.19 address would be one of the phones in question.

Jason Amick
Level 1
Level 1

Just a quick update on this discussion, the issue was not related to the 8811 phone or the firmware loaded on the phone.  Ended up trying several firmware versions and even a ES release but same issue.  The resolution was on the carrier side to where they has the MTU set to 1496.  After the carrier(VZ) made the change the phone would then register to CUCM.