cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8851 3PCC XML Services unable to Authenticate

betaNaN
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get my Cisco 8851 MPP's CGI Services (such as Screenshot or CGIExecute) to work. However, I'm having problems regarding authentication with the service. The device is running firmware "sip88xx.12-0-3mpp0001-87.loads". I did the following to try enabling the service properly:

Under Voice > Phone > XML Service, I enabled "CISCO XML EXE Enable".

Under System > Security: Disabled Firewall.

For "CISCO XML EXE Auth Mode:" I have tried all the options it provided ("Trusted, Local Credential, Remote Credential") but none of them seem to work properly.

To test if these services work, I navigated to <phoneIP>/CGI/Screenshot. For Local & Remote Credential, I get a popup asking me to authenticate. For the Trusted option, I get a 404 error which seems to originate from the phone's web admin server.

I tried numerous username and password combinations for both Local & Remote Credential options but none of them work. I tried the web admin logins ('user', 'admin', etc) as well as other default username/password combinations. Yet none of them seem to work...

Does anyone know how to properly authenticate the CGI Request? I've gone through multiple versions of documentation regarding XML/CGI Development for these phones but they did not have much info in this matter.

Thanks for any of your support

0 Replies 0