Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 8851 and Resound technical issues

Good Morning,

Just looking for a bit of assistance with a technical issue I am currently receiving.

I am hearing impaired, I have recently been given a CISCO 8851 desk phone as it was compataible with my Resound voice amplifier. After two weeks of receiving the desk phone, I have been experiencing a number of technical issues. When I happen to go out of range of the desk phone and return to the office, my CISCO is recogniseing and connecting with my Resound however, when I wish to make or receive telephone calls, I can hear a indication which tells me that the call is being made however, I am unable to hear a dial tone or the recipients voice at the other end of the call. I have recently conducted a factory reset of the desk phone however after a couple of days this issue occurs again.

Has anybody experienced this issue before?

Kelly

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kelly,

I checked and did not find any known issues with this combination of 8851 IP phone and Resound voice amplifier. Since this involves a third party product a couple of suggestions that i can provide are:

1. Try with a different sound amplifier model and see if the issue persists, it will give an indication if the issue is primarily on the phone

2. Try upgrading or downgrading the 8851 phone firmware by one level and see if that helps

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thank you so much for your response to my previous post and your two suggestions. Apologise for my late response I didn't get any notifications to inform me that anybody had responded.

I will look into them both and fingers crossed something will work :)

Kind Regards

Kelly