cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8851 and Sennheiser Officerunner

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to setup a Sennheiser officerunner headset to my 8851 phone. I am using the USB input and the phone is recognizing the headset but audio and the electronic hook-switch is not working. Any suggestions? I do have the recommended USB cable from Sennheiser and also have enable hook-switch control and wideband headset is enabled as well.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to make sure, you're using the cable mentioned here:

http://sennheiser-headset-compability.herokuapp.com/

Have you tried different FW versions? or other device model? Or your laptop using Jabber or some other app?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Yes, I am using the cable suggested. This headset did work on a 7945 and 7965 phone in the past. When you say firmware versions do you mean phone firmware or headset?

Kyle Headsets
Level 1
Level 1

Since the connection most likely isn't the issue, there could be something up with the settings. Here is an article to help you find the right setting in the OfficeRunner.

Just scroll down to the one with CAT #2121 next to it to find how it should be set. You may also need to go into the CUCM to enable hookswitch mode, but if you have other phones working correctly, this most likely isn't the problem.

The EHS cables can also get glitches, believe it or not, so you can try a reset:

• Unplug the power and USB (if plugged in) from the back of the headset base
  • Unplug the wire in the green phone port, then unplug the other end from the USB port in the back of the phone
  • Once out, plug everything back in, but in reverse order (USB in phone, phone port in headset base, then power and USB)

You may need to put the headset back on the charger if you see a red diamond after connecting it back up. Once the headset is back on, it should resync and perhaps it will start working. Give it a shot!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: