cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 8851 UPDATE

etrium
Level 1
Level 1

Hello we have 8851 telephone which must be configured with our SIP operator it is the operator KEYYO the problem is that I have to change the phone version and I can not do it the current version of telephones is sip88xx.12-0-1sr1-1 and we have a phone of the same model that works but it uses the version: sip88xx.11-1-2MPP-351.loads

I would like to know why this one works with our operator and not the others? I can not update my phone with TFTP? Can someone help me? thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

bijpraka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The phone with version sip88xx.12-0-1sr1-1 is an Enterprise phone. There is no provision to convert an Enterprise to a MPP (3PCC) phone. The MPP variant will have "3PCC" in the part number. Example: CP-8841-3PCC-K9=

You will have to replace the Enterprise phone with the MPP one for it to upgrade to sip88xx.11-1-2MPP-351.loads.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Enterprise phones and MPP phones are different part numbers and different HW, nothing you can do to switch from one model to the other, aside from asking your vendor to switch it for you. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bijpraka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The phone with version sip88xx.12-0-1sr1-1 is an Enterprise phone. There is no provision to convert an Enterprise to a MPP (3PCC) phone. The MPP variant will have "3PCC" in the part number. Example: CP-8841-3PCC-K9=

You will have to replace the Enterprise phone with the MPP one for it to upgrade to sip88xx.11-1-2MPP-351.loads.

Thanks.

if I understand correctly I have to replace the phone? it's impossible ? Or do I have to replace only the phone software? thank you

Converting an Enterprise phone to MPP is not supported as of now. So you will have to replace the phone with the 3PCC variant. Changing software is not possible as of now.

Thanks.

Enterprise phones and MPP phones are different part numbers and different HW, nothing you can do to switch from one model to the other, aside from asking your vendor to switch it for you. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate