Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8851NR connected to Avaya Aura Session manager

I have an Avaya 6.3 Telephone system and I am trying to get a Cisco 8851 to connect with the Avaya. Does anybody have an Idea on how to do this. I have tried to fond the Files at Cisco.com. can anyone help? It would be appreciated 

2 Replies 2

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight
Hello TimothyKelley40050

You need to create a SIP trunk from your 8851 Cisco Router to Avaya SM. For configurations you need to refer Cisco SIP trunk configuration document.

Sample from my customer configuration where I have configured with Avaya. If you are well versed with Cisco Configuration then it will be easier for you to work.

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

description ###Outgoing SIP Trunk Towards BRPL Avaya with prefix 0###

destination-pattern 0.......... (11 digits with prefix 0 will be matched and sent to Avaya SM. Change yours accordingly.)

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.10.10.10

session transport tcp

voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0 (Signalling to Avaya via 8851 LAN Interface).

voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0 (Media / RTP to Avaya via 8851 LAN Interface).

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

description #### Inbound SIP Trunk from Avaya SM with 1444 pattern #####

destination-pattern 1444 (1444 static route pattern will be received from AVAYA SM on Cisco Router. Change yours accordingly.)

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.10.10.10

voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0 (Signalling to Avaya via 8851 LAN Interface).

voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0 (Media / RTP to Avaya via 8851 LAN Interface).

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

no vad

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are hundreds of posts related to Cisco IP Phones registration with 3rd party PBX, you only need to google or search CSC for that information, examples, files, etc.

If your phone is running enterprise FW, then ignore any post that discusses MPP/3PCC configuration as that would not be applicable to you.

If you wish to migrate to 3PCC/MPP FW to have a configuration GUI for all your settings, you can find the details at upgrade.cisco.com (fees may apply).

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate