Cisco 8861 phone is not registering with CUCM 8.5.1

Neildsilva25
Level 1
Level 1

Call Manager version 8.5.1

Cisco Phone model: 8861

Phone version: sip88XX.10-2-1-16 and sip88XX.10-2-2-16 

Device Pack:cmterm-devicepack8.5.1.18135-1.cop.sgn

CP-8861 is not registering to CUCM 8.5.1, in the CUCM its showing unknow- unknow, but when we GUI the IP on the browser, we can see the phone details on the web browser.

Any Idea ?

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did u restart your server after u added device pack?

regds,

aman

Reboot the all the nodes start from Publisher to subs. But issue exist. unknow unknow in the cucm

Regards,

ND

When you go to the web/GUI of the phone, do you see the TFTP server and is it correct? I dont have a gui right now in front of me but explore it for any logs and also the status messages on the phone itself.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Hi Terry

i can see TFTP is correct and when i did the packet capture i can see phone is sending the register msg to CUCM but call manager is responding. 

I have around 500 of the 8851 deployed right now and can say their are a few confirmed bugs with the 8841/51/61 family of endpoints. 

Here is just one of them:  https://tools.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCuq46373

This one presents where any time you make a line change to the phone it loses and will not register to the CUCM again. The work around is unplugging the phone or shut/no shut on the int. 

Knowing that their are bugs with that firmware it's probably worth opening up a TAC case. 

That being said, does the phone work when it shows up unknown?

david.vanherck
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using DNS on the CUCMs? Then check that the IP phone has received the correct DNS settings. I had 8861 phones showing registration status None, but they were operational. After updating the DHCP scope with the correct settings, they show now "Registered on <node>". Also check the status messages on the phone for more information.