Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8865 Take Screenshot

dan.hornbeck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm trying to take a screenshot of a Cisco 8865 series phone. I am trying to capture the MRA Provisioning Screen (scan a QR code or enter manually). I have the phone connected to a local network (with Internet route) and I can browse to the device information page (http://x.x.x.x/GCI/java etc).

Using steps I found here I can even navigate to the screenshot page (http://x.x.x.x/CGI/screenshot) and I get the prompt for username and password. Here in lies the issue. Since the phone is not provisioned yet I cannot authenticate with a regular account.

Is there a default username and password I can use to authenticate?

You may be wondering why I want to capture this screenshot - its for a tear sheet of instructions I can send out to a user when I ship them a teleworker set.

As a consolation I would also be happy to just have a hi res photo of the scan QR code screen and the enter username and password screen that comes after it.

Cheers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dan, AFAIK there is no way to get the screen shot of the phone without authenticating to it first for obvious security reasons and I am not aware of a default credentials that would let you in as the authentication needs to go through CUCM, etc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dan, AFAIK there is no way to get the screen shot of the phone without authenticating to it first for obvious security reasons and I am not aware of a default credentials that would let you in as the authentication needs to go through CUCM, etc.

Thanks Chris. As it turns out you are correct - no way to authenticate without UCM. What I did manage to do was register the phone to call manager normally, reset the Service Mode (which left network settings, including the Secure Authentication URL value, on the phone), connect the phone to a seperate local network (described above) along with my PC, add an IP route over to Call Manager on a specific interface, connect to the phone's web gui while it sat at the Scan QR page, authenticated and took the screenshot.

Attached are the photos, incase someone else wants/needs them.

Cheers

Dan

Very nice, +5 for creativity.