cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 88XX Phone

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

I have a Cisco 8851 phone with 2 lines on it. First line, works fine I can dial that number from anywhere BUT 2nd line doesn't!!! When I dial 2nd line number, i hear a message saying 'call can not be completed as dialed,pleas consult you DIR'. and right after this message I hear a short ring and another message saying 'the number you have dialed is not service at this time or has been disconnected'!!!!

CSS settings are same as first line

PRI site-

UCM 11

Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks

2 Replies 2

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello G2824,

Based on your description (same configuration on CUCM for both lines) you may need to check the logs on your  voice-gateway and identify if possibly there is a incoming translation-pattern for your second line is missing.

Are you able to call the second line "internally"?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

thanks for George for your input...I will try an internal call on Monday and update you. So, I was calling this number from PSTN (outside) from my cell phone and I don't even hear single ring!!! Instead, I hear those messages mentioned right away. Is that an indication of perhaps DID block issue on PRI? Maybe, they are not routed properly from my provider? Interestingly, if this number is 2333 which having issues, numbers 2334 and 2332 work just fine.