Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 no ringtone sound on incoming call

Hi I am having a problem with one cisco 9971 when I recieved a call i heard a short sound..Then the first button on the left turn on (orange/ambar) and at the same time the first button on the right side start blinking and show me in the screen who is the caller..But the problem is I dont hear the ringtone sound, I have no ringtone ringing.. I have check the configuration and cound find anything.. Any clue?
Thanks...

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What are the ring setting set to on CUCM?

Is the volume on the phone up?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

jameskeagie
Level 1
Level 1

I had this exact same issue.  It turned out to be Do Not Disturb.  Since this is not a softkey, and isn't controllable throught feature control sets, it must be set as a lince presence.  Best as I can figure, DND was set as a line presence (through button templates) enabled by the end-user, and then removed from the line presence, leaving no way to disable it from the phone.  Tested in lab and replicates the behavior exactly of a short sound, and then nothing.  Could be different depending on your DND settings in CUCM.  You can turn DND off directly from the phone config page.  Very different behavior than the previous 69xx and 79xx series phones for DND.

Hope that helps someone!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: