Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 9971 phone to phone video is not working

ciscoroyzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have two 9971 video phones, I have configured as following, we can make audio call but phone to phone video call is not working.  (The interesting thing is a couple of month ago, when I initially  set them up, was working fine, and so far there is no much change in the CUCM.) I Check within the forum, no specific answer can be found.

CUCM version:    8.6.2.21900-5

9971 firmware:    sip9971.9-2-2  . Both phones are in same Device Pool and region setup for video is 384kpbs.

On the CUCM,

Enterprise phone configuration ••à cisco camera – enable;   video calling enable

Region ••à 384kpbs within same region, code g711u

On the physical phone,

Auto Transmit Video is on

Self-view – I can see the image and the camera keep in green LED.

But when I call another 9971 phone, no light blinks on the camera and no video. Seem to me the phone not even try to start the video.  Any other setting I missed here?

Thanks

Roy

1 Reply 1

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Roy,

Can u cross-check Auto Transmit feature and Video On/off ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_5/english/admin_guide/9971cam.html

Adjusting Auto Transmit Setting

The Auto Transmit feature allows you to control the streaming of videos for both inound and outbound calls.

When Auto Transmit is on (default setting), the camera streams video automatically during calls.

When Auto Transmit is off, video for each call is automatically muted (however, your phone still receives video). To resume video transmission in this case, press the Unmute Video softkey .

To turn the Auto Transmit setting on or off, follow these steps:

Procedure

Step 1 On the Cisco Unified IP Phone, press the Applications button .

Step 2 Select Accessories.

Step 3 Highlight Cisco Unified Camera.

Step 4 Press the Set-up softkey.

Step 5 Press the Turn On or Turn Off softkey.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/firmware/9_2_3/release_notes/9900_8900_923.html

Enable Video On/Off

The Enable Video On/Off feature improves the basic video call flow by removing the blacked out screen that is displayed when one party has the Auto Transmit setting on their phone set to Off.

Users access this feature through the Enable Video On/Off setting on the phone menu. When they select On, they establish the phone as a video endpoint. When they select Off, they remove the ability of the phone to send video; all calls are audio only.

This feature works in conjunction with Auto Transmit. If the Enable Video feature is set to Off, it overrides the Auto Transmit setting and you can send audio calls. But if Enable Video is set to On and Auto Transmit is set to Off, the video stream is muted and the user sends a blacked-out screen to the other party. For this feature to function, Cisco recommends Auto Transmit remains On.

The Enable Video On/Off feature functions like Video Capability: Enable/Disable on Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM). However, the server settings override the phone settings so if video is disabled on the Unified CM, this feature is not available on the phone and all calls are audio only.

This feature is available on the following Cisco IP Phones (SIP):

Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951

Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971

regds,

aman