cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-8831 phone not registering

davidfranek
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco CP-8831 conference phone and CUCM 9.1. I have added and applied the firmware and related files to CUCM cluster and the system does recognize 8831. I add the phone and the phone is receiving all needed TFTP, CTL information. Phone is coming up "phone not registered" also says "Error DB Config". Active load sip8831.9-3-3-3. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this going?

32 Replies 32

I have the same problem, so I disabled the DHCP server because according to the PDI Helpdesk, there are a lot of ip phone 8831 with this issue. They can´t receive the TFTP server information from DHCP Server.

Thanks Alex for that information.

We had the same problem. Phone stayed unregistered with a message "Phone not registered" I  could see the phone picked up IP address from data vlan, subnet and default gateway and DNS server but not TFTP.

On the switch it was voice vlan x and when i changed it to switchport access vlan x

voila....phone registered.

Thanks 
Sami

GaryMB119
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 8831, was working at a different location, moved to a different building, and now is hung on the "Phone Not Registered"

CUCM 11.5. Phone pulls IP address, shows proper Load info, but still just stays on "Phone Not Registered"

ASNy help would be appreciated./gb