Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-8841-K9 Enabling 3rd Party Call Control / Multiplatform

MattBoone2687
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have been doing extensive research on having a Cisco -8841-K9 on loads Active Load: sip88xx.10-3-1-20

Is it possible to change the firmware to the Multiplatform firmware if it's using the Cisco Unified Communications Manager currently? I have a reseller that seems to think you cannot change the load's file and you have to purchase a brand new phone. If that is the case then that is fine, I just don't want to spend 12 more hours troubleshooting.

Thank you in advance,

Matt

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to switch the FW on the device, the only path that was available when MPP devices were introduced was from MPP to enterprise, never the other way around. And that option has since been removed in any recent devices.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

I wasn't aware that the option to migrate the FW was finally publicly available, with that option you can migrate, but there is a key that has to be bought for each time you wish to migrate the device. You would need to go find out what's best for you, to buy that license that enables you to perform the procedure, or to reach out to your vendor and try to swap the device.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to switch the FW on the device, the only path that was available when MPP devices were introduced was from MPP to enterprise, never the other way around. And that option has since been removed in any recent devices.

HTH

java

Hey Jaime!

I hope you are having a great Monday. Okay so the customer needs to purchase a new phone with the Multiplatform firmware?

Thank you,

I wasn't aware that the option to migrate the FW was finally publicly available, with that option you can migrate, but there is a key that has to be bought for each time you wish to migrate the device. You would need to go find out what's best for you, to buy that license that enables you to perform the procedure, or to reach out to your vendor and try to swap the device.

HTH

java

Thank  you! I will have him buy the new phone.

Hey Thank you for this as well. Have a great rest of your day!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: