cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cp8851 Immediate Dial after Lifting Phone

betaNaN
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Cp8851 running on 3cx. When I lift the phone to make a call, I get a dial tone. If I press any number on the keypad when the dial tone plays, for some reason, the phone automatically dials that number only and does not allow me to enter more then 1 number, regardless of how fast I enter the sequence or how long I wait.

However, if I enter the number first without picking up the phone THEN pressing the green call button (I do not hear the dial tone), it seems to work fine and allows me to dial the entire number. This only doesn’t work when the dial signal is playing.

I updated the firmware to the latest version on my Cisco phone but still have this issue. How can I fix it so that when I pick up the phone/headset, causing the dial tone to play, enter more then one digit without automatically starting the call. This also is an issue when I try to forward a call.

I was informed that it was probably some DialPlan configuration I have to set (I deploy the phone via TFTP) but I have no idea where to start. Thank you for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Its likely to be a local dial plan on the phone. Please share. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Looks like, your PBX already has a matching pattern for the first digit and therefore routes the call.

Have you checked the patterns? Maybe one of them is misconfigured and/or has something similar configured like "urgent priority"?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Show us the dialplan file.

I’ve never uploaded a dial plan file to the phone after resetting it.

@betaNaN wrote:

I’ve never uploaded a dial plan file to the phone after resetting it.

Show us the SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml file for this phone.  

3CX "auto-generates" the file along with the dialplan.  

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Its likely to be a local dial plan on the phone. Please share. 

betaNaN
Level 1
Level 1

It indeed was the Dialplan file. I had to set a wait time for all digits matching a filter with periods ".........". Thank You.