cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cube one interface

James Martin
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to implement Cisco Cube as a gateway to Cucm and connect  to a service provider that is handing off a single connection for both wan data and sip services ? . Most CUBE deployments reference a seperate connection for backend gateway registration (inside) and one dedicated to the SIP provider trunk (outside)

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Absolutely, simply connect one of the Gig interfaces to the service provider IAD (assuming the handoff is Ethernet) and configure routing appropriately.

HTH,

Chris

Ok , perhaps I'm thinking to much here as usually the config notes you see are with two interfaces. To be clear in my situation I have a CUCM in one state and a new remote office in another state  with new cisco phones I need to get registered back to the core cucm. Later down the road  a new cucm will be put in the new remote office. The customer ordered a mpls circuit for the site with  data and sip on the same link .Considering most  configs show a two interface deployment , I'm struggling with the concept of registering the gateway back to the Core cucm and utilizing cube on the same interface. I guess its the seperation on a single interface I'm having trouble grasping. any guideance would be great and I really appreciate the response even on a Saturday

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you talking about SIP trunk or sip traffic for phones? MPLS would be used to carry your internal traffic such as voice signaling and inter office voice, your PSTN sip connection would go over the sip trunk to service provider device.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App