Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUBE & Unify OpenScape SBC

k.ms
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have Cisco CUCM 8.0 cluster & Cisco CUBE. One of our customer has Unify OpenScape SBC(Session Border Controller).We need to establish a SIP trunk connectivity between our Cisco CUBE and customers Unify OpenScape SBC to route calls between ours & customers telephony systems.I have below queries as integrating for the first time with OpenScape SBC-

- Is Cisco CUBE compatible with Unify OpenScape SBC? Any known compatibility issues?

- Any integration document availablle for Cisco CUBE with Unify OpenScape SBC?

Thanks

KMS

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am not sure there is any great deal of integration required here other than defining dial-peers on the cube to point to the SBC. CUBE itself is a SBC...I suggest you talk to the Telco to find out if there are any specific requirements..

The other question is why do you need two SBC? (CUBE and openScape)..Cisco CUBE can talk directly to your ITSP without the need for an additional SBC...

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for the reply.We have only one Cisco CUBE in our environment on which we have termintaed SIP trunks from our carrier. One of our has customer has OpenScape SBC. We have a WAN/MPLS circuit between ours and customers which is being used for data traffic for now.We want to make use of the same circuit to route voice traffic betweeen customers and ours PBX systems by integrating CUBE with OpenScape SBC.

Regards

KMS