Views
Helpful
Replies

CIsco CUCM 12.5 importation failed to aws

Ohad Schvarts
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
In the process we ran into an issue trying the import and convert the cisco's CUCM ova into an ami with the following error message:
“ClientError: Multiple different grub/menu.lst files found”
import ID :  import-ami-0ca2a7ba59a6f0f9c
The OS  in question is CentOS 7.
CUCM version 12.5
After starting the importation process from the cli, the process starts successfully but then goes into failed mode, with the error message I mentioned before.
I found out that this specific legacy os is not supported by aws for importation, but it can be purchased from the marketplace if needed.
Lst files lists the content of the grub main menu. The grub main menu lists boot entries for all the OS instances that are installed on your system, and is usually located in : /boot/grub/menu
any way to access the OS itself of the applice? at the time i can only put specific commands set by Cisco
4 Replies 4

CM is not supported to deploy on AWS.

Response Signature

Why? Was it not tested?
How can i obtain the installation file in order to perform few test?

All good questions that I don't have the answer on. Advice you to address them with you account team at Cisco. There are no files to obtain, you can simply not use it on AWS. This landing page is a good start to learn more on what is supported within Cisco Unified Communication platform when it comes to virtualization. Cisco Collaboration Virtualization 

Response Signature

CUCM is still not supported on AWS.

Response Signature