cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM 14 - VPN phones support

dharmeshsolanki
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone advise if they are currently using a Cisco 7942G phone on CUCM v14.x as a VPN phone?

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

How do you define a "VPN phone"?
A phone connected to CUCM via a VPN connection? If yes, why should it matter, how the phone is connected to the CUCM? CUCM doesn't know, if it's in the internal LAN or in a VPN subnet.
Just make sure, that the VPN network can reach all necessary subnets and the the necessary ports are allowed on the VPN-FW (if there is one)

There are actually some VPN configuration in CM.

image.png

I've never used it myself, so I have no information on what it does, nor have I a will to read up on this as MRA is so much simpler to use IMHO.

Response Signature

True that, but as you, I've never used it myself or seen it in any installation, that's why I just naivly assumed, that the phone is just connected via VPN ':)'
But, I hope @dharmeshsolanki will shed some light on it

Thanks for your response. I am referring to a Cisco phone connected via Cisco ASA SSL VPN. Just wanted to know if anyone has this running in their environment? With the Cisco 7942 phones now EOL and agree there are other solutions available such as MRA and Jabber etc.

Probably someone has that scenario, but what do you want to know? What are you trying to find out?