cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM vs CME

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

In my environment we have CUCM for nearly 6000 users. We are planning to reduce it to nearly 500 users & use CME instead of CUCM.

So would like to know is there any technical comparison between CUCM & CME

Also please share the costing comparison between CUCM & CME ?

What components are involved in CME & what will be the licensing costs ?

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You probably want to reach out to a local Cisco partner with voice specializations and have this conversation with them, there is no comparison table between those two products.

You'd need to look at what features you're using with CUCM, and determine if they also exist in CME.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi - Thanks,

The reason for posting it here is because some one might have already done it & that is the reason . 

So was looking for inputs who has done it & their suggestions

Hello RS19,

Even though I trully understand the reason you are asking this, what JaVa suggests is a must since along with other servers (for example Unity for VM, ExpC &ExpE for MRA,  IM&Presence Server) CUCM offers a wide range of features and only if you list the features you currently use and need to "move" to the new Infrastructure you will evaluate your new CME solution.
George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Thanks for your inputs.

But is CME still supported by Cisco or it is EOL ?

What is Cisco recommendation for 300 user setup ?

Is it still CUCM or any lower version of CUCM ?

For a 300 user stand alone system I would recommend BE6K.

Yes Tony, I would agree with this (actually I forgot to mention this on my previous post) the BE6K would be a full UC solution

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hello,

Cisco Call Manager Express is still supported but as said before this is not an easy exercise since you will need to consider as well -apart from the features- the licenses migration and the phones compatibility. Below you will find the Call Control Section of the Cisco site where you could get some idea on the differences between the platforms

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/call-control/index.html

George

This is what you don't seem to understand, the decision CANNOT be taken solely on the number of users. I know deployments of 50 users who use a BE6K, because they need the features offered by the products included. If the decision was just based on number of users, they should probably use CME, but that doesn't provide what they need in terms of features.

Again, you want to reach out to a reputable consultant or a Cisco partner with voice specializations, and have a conversation of what YOU need in terms of features, what the deployment would look like, number of users, future growth, , and then they can let you know what fits those needs. You might end up using a cloud option because it offers things CME doesn't have and you want/need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate