Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP 7841 series problem

Hi,

I have installed a Cisco BE6000 in one of my customer headquarter. This device manage two additional site.

In one of this site which is called site 2, I can't make a call with the cisco IP phone 7841 series after entering client matter code, I heard the busy tone. There is no problem with other phone series and the cisco Ip phone 7841 series work well in the headquarter and  the site 1.

Thanks for your help,

Best Regards,

Aristide 

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do they both use the same RP?

What troubleshooting have you done?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Yes they both use the same route pattern. I have not made any troubleshooting because I am so confuse about this problem.

Regards,

Aristide

So, do they both have the exact same config??

Or what is different between them?

HTH

java

Normally, they both have the same config but I will check the configuration again.

Regards,

Aristide

Hi Jaime,

They have the same config but  when we get the prompt for Client Matter Code, we don't have time to enter the code and we heard a busy tone only with IP phone 7841 series

Regards,

Aristide

I'd probably try different FWs for those phones.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

I don't get you, what is FWs?

Regards,

Aristide

FirmWare

HTH

java

Ranga Rohit Sreedharala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the issue specific to the RP which has FAC/CMC ? Try to create a test RP without CMC and use it.

Does the call reach the GW or fails at the CUCM itself ?

Hi,

I have created a RP without CMC and it works well. 

The call goes to busy tone after dialing the CMC. i will look forward the configuration of this IP phone because it is just the IP phone 7841 series which made this problem only at the site 2.

Regards,

Aristide

Hi all,

We use cisco ip phone 7841with IMS.

We are facing below issue with CISCO SIP devices:

1. During registration sometimes the devices sends REFER which is not normal and delaying registration.
  2. CFB/CW needs to be activated from device, which takes precedence over network setting.
  3. Not able to reject calls.
  4. If we try to de-register the device using cmd “register line 0 1”, device goes on deregistering and registering until phone is restarted manually.
  5. Some sip devices reject calls from softphone with SIP 403 FORBIDDEN.

Could someone help us?