cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7841 Registration Issue

spencermoore
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of deploying about 20 7841's. About half of these devices are not registering. They simply state "registering" on the LCD screen. The phones pull an IP address, switchport is up/up and CUCM can ping the device yet they are not registering. As I said, some of the phones register without issue. All services are running on CUCM and all 7841's were imported via BAT file. I have also assigned a DN to each number and associated a user with the phone under "end users". I've also tried deleting one of the phones and recreating to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the phone picking up proper option 150 from DHCP?

Have you tried factory reset on these phones? Perhaps they have factory test ITL certs installed on them.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the phone picking up proper option 150 from DHCP?

Have you tried factory reset on these phones? Perhaps they have factory test ITL certs installed on them.

Yes, I only have one 150 option and other phones aren't having trouble. I will try a factory reset on the phones.

Also, what is the status messages log showing on the phone?

Yeah, looks like factory reset took some time, but now the phones are registering. Thanks!

As mentioned by Chris try to delete ITL files as well. This might resolve the problem without factory reset

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

We've recently discovered that Cisco aren't always clearing out the flash at the factory prior to shipping. Reset the security settings and you should be good to go.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi all,

We use cisco ip phone 7841with IMS.

We are facing below issue with CISCO SIP devices:

1. During registration sometimes the devices sends REFER which is not normal and delaying registration.
  2. CFB/CW needs to be activated from device, which takes precedence over network setting.
  3. Not able to reject calls.
  4. If we try to de-register the device using cmd “register line 0 1”, device goes on deregistering and registering until phone is restarted manually.
  5. Some sip devices reject calls from softphone with SIP 403 FORBIDDEN.

Could someone help us?