cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 8841 does not register (rejected)

I replaced some IP phones from 7941 to 8841 but 1 phone does not register. it keeps rejected. 

I have deleted the DN completely and configure it from scratch in CUCM 11.5.x but did not work.

Upgraded the firmware to 12.8.x

Done Factory reset many time

deleted the ITL file,

clear mac address from all switches,

Manually assign IP

but nothing works

Below Cisco RTMT Alternate Logs

: 238392: bi-in-ccm02 Dec 13 2021 07:13:11 UTC : %UC_CALLMANAGER-6-StationConnectionError: %[DeviceName=HW-CONF2][ReasonCode=0][ClusterID=StandAloneCluster][NodeID=bi-riy-in-ccm02]: Station device is closing the connection

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

actually, i found the solution after posting.

i have ordered Cisco IP Phone 8841. I was blindly configuring 8841 devices in cucm. and during troubleshooting, I found the log in RTMT that shows """""""some error and [device type 36217]""""" so, when I search, I found that the device is 8811, so I change the config and request for the replacement because I did not order 8811. so some time the vendor can mistakenly send you the wrong device model.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

The error message you posted is about a conference bridge and not about a phone, so I don't think the message you are looking at is the right one.

You mentioned that you rebuilt the DN. What about the phone itself? A phone, as built in CUCM, is model-specific. If the phone is built in CUCM as a 7941 and you put the mac address of the new 8841 in there, it won't register and will be rejected. If that is the case, there are some methods to use BAT to modify the phone model, but you might be just as well to note the specifics of the phone and build the 8841 from scratch (and then delete the 7941).

So, question: Is the phone still built in the CUCM database as a 7941?

Maren

actually, i found the solution after posting.

i have ordered Cisco IP Phone 8841. I was blindly configuring 8841 devices in cucm. and during troubleshooting, I found the log in RTMT that shows """""""some error and [device type 36217]""""" so, when I search, I found that the device is 8811, so I change the config and request for the replacement because I did not order 8811. so some time the vendor can mistakenly send you the wrong device model.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: