Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 8945 Register in 3 Hours

Hello,

I have a strange case, i have a CUCM 10.5 with remote sites, the remote sites are connected to the HQ via DMVPN, in the remote site i have three types of IP phones, 7821, 7841 and 8945, the 7821 and 7841 are perfectly okay (takes like 3 minutes to regsiter) but the 8945 took 3 hours to regsiter and everytime i disconnect the line or internet is down, it takes at least 3 hours to regsiter.

i found the attached screenshots which i took from the status messages on the phone itself, any idea why this is happening.

Thanks.

Amer

6 Replies 6

Hi,

From the snapshots I can see that your 8945 is using signed configs. Are the other phones (78xx) using signed configs as well?

If yes, try to upgrade phone firmware and see if it makes difference.

Two other thoughts:

1. Is the 8945 using SCCP? If it is, does the problem persist if you reconfigure it to be SIP? Perhaps there is an ALG in the traffic path (e.g. IOS ZBFW) that is screwing with the SCCP signaling.
  2. Does the ITL thumbprint match between the phones that are working and the ones that aren't?

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your response,

I have tried to Switch the phone from SCCP to SIP but still with the same result the phone would not register and with the same behavior, 

I don't get actually what do you mean by ITL thumbprint , Could you please refer to me how to check this ?

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Amer

The ITL is a Certificate Trust List and is digitally signed by the TFTP certificate. This matters since the XML file is also digitally signed and includes what nodes the phone is supposed to register against. The thumbprint of the ITL is no different than an SSL certificate thumbprint. You can see it under the Admin Settings > Security Configuration. Choose ITL and then view it to see the thumbprint. Compare a working and non-working phone. If the thumbprint is different you can try erasing it from a non-working phone to see if it pulls down a correct CTL. If it pulls down an incorrect CTL a second time you have a larger ITL problem on your hands.

Hello Mohammed,

All phones are already in the latest release.

Amer

Hi Amer,

Will you be able to span the switch port of the phone and get a packet capture for the communication between the phone and TFTP/CUCM