Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone showing IP Release Message and Call getting Dropped

mantash091
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having issue with Cisco Ip phones showing IP Release everyday. I have set DHCP to infinite leasing and still the phones keep releasing ip. Also calls get dropped oftenly at the middle of a call. Kindly assist. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no way to provide any kind of help if you don't even mention what IP Phone model you're using, the FW, if this is a Cisco switch, who is the DHCP, etc.

Plus, what troubleshooting have you done so far?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no way to provide any kind of help if you don't even mention what IP Phone model you're using, the FW, if this is a Cisco switch, who is the DHCP, etc.

Plus, what troubleshooting have you done so far?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We are using windows DHCP.... i have set lease period to infinite so ip are leased infinite but sometime the cisco 6921 ip phones show message ip released.....also calls sometime disconnect in the middle of a call

Hi,

Please recreate the issue and collect console logs and wireshark captures from the IP phone.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/44741/collecting-packet-capture-cisco-ip-phone

Also, try upgrading the firmware on the phone to the latest one and see if you get better results.

Aseem

(Happy to help)

i have this problem too.  using 8841 cisco phones.  Router provides dhcp.  when we upgraded from 7962 ip phones, that is when the problem started. Cisco Ip phones showing IP Release everyday. I have set DHCP to infinite leasing and still the phones keep releasing ip. Also calls get dropped oftenly at the middle of a call.  narrowed to phones which had 12.8.1 firmware.  upgraded all phones on network to 14.0.1.  the problem still occurring.  Ver 12.0.1.11 phones seem to be stable.  now all phones are at 14.0.1.  We thought 14.0.1 fixed the problem and that is why we pushed out across network.

mantash091
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco CP-6921