cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MCS 7835i3 CM 7.1.5, unable to boot giving ECC bit DIMM Error, Urgent help required

Humza Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our client is using CUCM 7.1.5, on MCS 7835i3. CM is now unable to boot. giving ECC bit DIMM error. We have serviced MCS, then started, it started working but only one hard light is blinking. Is there any problem with hard or something else. As well show hardware logs are attached.

Please find attached snapshots.

Regards,

Humza Khan

3 Replies 3

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If its under maintenance contact TAC. Its information error at the moment telling you about errors encountered with the controller DIMM. Contact TAC as you may have issues with controller, you may end up replacing the RAID controller.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

In my opinion, Since the server is up and running I would not recommend touching it (remember its a production environment) unless TAC asks you to perform further troubleshooting. They may replace controller or ask to upgrade the firmware or may tell you its an informational error.

Remember the error is complaining about DIMM module on the controller and not the controller hardware itself.

-Terry