Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MediaSense

nabeelcse07
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have to design the call recording solution for our client.

Our scope of call recording is as under:

1. Recording is required for calls  between PSTN and our Network
  2. Recording is required internal calls

I have come to know "Unified Border Element Dial Peer Forking (Cube Based forking )" only provide the recording for incoming calls.

We want to records the calls those are going outside to PSTN.

My question is, How we can record the calls those are going outside to PSTN from our network?

Should we use "Cisco Unified IP Phones-Based Call Monitoring and Recording" model for internal(calls within the LAN/Network) call recording?

Regards

Nabeel Arshad

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nabeel,

For your requirement, Cisco Unified IP Phones-Based Call Monitoring and Recording model should be used.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

Hi Nabeel,

Yes, true for first query. For second query please note the following:

• In Unified Communications Manager deployments, media forking phones may be connected to MediaSense over a WAN.
  • SIP Trunks from Unified Communications Manager may also be routed over a WAN to MediaSense, but calls may evidence additional clipping at the beginning of recordings due to the increased round trip delay.

What phones will be recording enabled would be your discretion , they need to be configured accordingly.

Manish

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nabeel,

You can use the Basic Unified Border Element Deployment for Dial Peer Forking as described here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/mediasense/11/Design_Guide/CUMS_BK_MC36D963_00_mediasense-srnd_11/CUMS_BK_MC36D963_00_mediasense-srnd_10-5_chapter_01000.html#CUMS_RF_C3A4EC82_00

It clearly states "Although there are a few exceptions, the best practice is to apply the recording profile to the outside dial peer: the inbound dial peer for inbound calls and the outbound dial peer for outbound calls."

Manish

Thanks Manish

As per my understanding with provided document.

We should apply the recording profile on both inbound and outbound dial peers, for call recording of both sides. am I right?

We also want to record the calls within the Network for that purpose which model should we use?

Should we use Cisco Unified IP Phones-Based Call Monitoring and Recording model ?

Nabeel

Hi Nabeel,

For your requirement, Cisco Unified IP Phones-Based Call Monitoring and Recording model should be used.

Manish

Thanks Manish for you kind reply and support

Two more more questions.

Cisco Unified IP Phones-Based Call Monitoring and Recording model will provides us both type of call recording as mentioned below

Calls between PSTN and Our network

Calls between within our network

Am I right?

Second question is

Actually we have more then one site and MediaSense is only for one site. Our sites have been connected with personal/private  fiber and voice traffic from first site to second site passes through the personal/private fiber. in other words VoIP traffic between sites do't use the CUBE.

Lets suppose I have three sites as X Y and Z. We are going to deploy MediaSense in X site. And I want to records the calls between X & Y and X & Z. But I do't want the calls  of users to be record within the site X.

Is it possible like CSS or partitions etc. ? 

Waiting for your kind response

Regards 

Nabeel

Hi Nabeel,

Yes, true for first query. For second query please note the following:

• In Unified Communications Manager deployments, media forking phones may be connected to MediaSense over a WAN.
  • SIP Trunks from Unified Communications Manager may also be routed over a WAN to MediaSense, but calls may evidence additional clipping at the beginning of recordings due to the increased round trip delay.

What phones will be recording enabled would be your discretion , they need to be configured accordingly.

Manish

Dear Manish,

One more question.

As I told you we will deploy MediaSense in Site X. Is it possible we will be able to record calls between site X & Y and X & Z. But calls of users within the site X.

is it possible with CSS or partitions or any other method

BR

Nabeel

Hi Nabeel,

For ip phone based recording I do not see an option to make such a thing work.

Manish