Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Phone Corporate Directory in CallManager 8

asmith1972
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have query of how the Corporate Directory works on Call Manager. I want to be able to go to the Cisco handset, select “Corporate Directory” and then be able to search and list phone numbers in the following way:

1)      List all “Hotdesk/Shared Phones” ie some phones will not be associated with a person. These will obviously be in CallManager and will be called “DepotName<extension”

2)      List all user from AD (LDAP) that have an entry in the “IP Phone” field

3)      List all users from AD (LDAP) that have an entry in there “Mobile” field

Some people will have an “IP Phone” and a “Mobile” entry in AD and if this happens we would like that user to be listed twice.

Does anyone know if the above is possible?

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot do this with the built in directory, there are other 3rd party solutions that might provide what you are looking for (search this forum for those), or you can try building your own directory with Cisco provided SDK.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks

What is possible out of the box for example can we do points 2 and 3 eg:

2)      List all user from AD (LDAP) that have an entry in the “IP Phone” field

3)      List all users from AD (LDAP) that have an entry in there “Mobile” field

If people have an “IP Phone” and a “Mobile” entry in AD then they are listed twice in the Corporate Directory?

You can only pull either telephoneNumber or ipPhone when you synch to a Directory for telephone number.

Mobile is not even exposed as an option.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thanks Chris

Is it possible to pull both telephoneNumber or ipPhone and dislay both on the phones "Corporate Directory"?

Or if a user has both entries filled in in AD list the user twice in the "Corporate Directory"

Sorry about all the questions

No, one or the other as this is selected during the Directory integration. You can use one for one integration and the other for another, but that would be for different users.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

I think that I have a solution for you. This described behavior can be solved by using the Base module of 2Ring PHONE SERVICES (IPPS) in cooperation with 2Ring SyncTool. Generaly, there is a possibility to create a public directory which will be synchronized with CUCM and there will be available the “Hotdesk/Shared Phones”. And in the second eg. LDAP directory, there could be synced other contacts numbers like mobile or ipphone. And moreover, all such info is available via the app web interface as well.

Two screenshots:

1. Dirs on phones

2. Dirs on web

More info about this product can be found here:

http://www.2ring.com/newjuice

HTH