Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Phone System Components

MarkLucas92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I am unable to find a clear answer.

I have a heap of cisco IP phones and would like to know what I need to make them work.

So far I have done a little research and from what I can see I need the following parts

- Cisco IP Phones (I still need the firmware for the phones)

- PoE switch (I have a 3750)

- Router with CME (I have a 2811 with ios15 and it appears to support telephony)

Is there anything im missing ?

Im just after a basic stand alone system with no PSTN connection to start with.

Also, can CME run on a Voice Gateway or are VGs only for interfacing to analouge PABX/PSTN lines ?

Thanks,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For what you ask for that should be adequate. CME is part of IOS on the router. As such you can pretty much use any Cisco router to run CME, as long as you have support for the telephony functions in either IOS or in licensing, depending on what platform you run. For the 2811 your asking for it would be in IOS directly, so you'd need to use a version that have telephony (Voice) functionality in it.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

For what you ask for that should be adequate. CME is part of IOS on the router. As such you can pretty much use any Cisco router to run CME, as long as you have support for the telephony functions in either IOS or in licensing, depending on what platform you run. For the 2811 your asking for it would be in IOS directly, so you'd need to use a version that have telephony (Voice) functionality in it.

Response Signature