Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Phones are not registering (7821-7841) Registration in progress

monasir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm anot able to get my phones registered.

The display on the phones are saying  "Registration in progress"

This happend when i installed new devicepack.

Im running cucm version 12.0.1.22900-11

Procedure:

- I've installed latest device pack of the cisco phone   (cmterm-devicepack12.0.1.23033-1.cop)

-I've performed the installations on all the servers (publisher - subscriber

-I've performed a restart of the tftp servers on all the servers

-I've performed a cluster restart  (from cucm 11.5 and above this should not neccesary)

-When i go to Cisco Unified OS Administration, and i navigate to show - software i can see both devicepacks in active status.

cmterm-devicepack12.0.1.22022-1.cop

cmterm-devicepack12.0.1.23033-1.cop

-Ive resetted the phones

How ever the phones are still not registrering, with diplay message (registration in progress)

I'm lost, did i forget something?

And showing the same

18 Replies 18

Yes....if I remember correctly we ran into issues with VLAN. Voice VLAN was not allowed or something like that.

Thank you

I will check the vlan settings.

But other 7821 phones are already registered , just these 7 phones are not getting registered.

@Saima HarrisHi,

Did you manage something to solve the issue? Were you able to register you 7821 SIP phones?

Thank You!

Regards,

Bruno Marques

GavinW
Level 1
Level 1

I had this same issue in my home lab.  My phones are in a voice VLAN, getting their IP addresses from a DHCP scope configured on a 3750 switch.  The reason my 7821 was stuck trying to register was because I neglected to configure domain-name in the DHCP scope, so look out for that too.  As soon as I added that command and reboot the phone, it registered correctly.

Thanks,

Gavin