Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco phones to dial MCU Conference

bobby.jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

We have a VCS Version 7 installed with tandberg endpoints registered. Also we have a MCU 4505, for Multi party conference.

Currently we had integrated our Call Manager 7.0 with the VCS and we are able to call from call tandberg end points to cisco video phones.

Already i made a route pattern on CM to dial into VCS and MCU.

Cisco video phones could dial into MCU Conference.

I would like to know whether we could join the MCU conference from cisco phones(7945,7975) with audio only. We have nearly 100 no.s 794x and 797x phones.

If so is there any design guide or a recommended way to do this.

Thanks

Bobby

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, you should not.  Assuming everything is right with your dial plan, the VCS should provide the call signaling path towards the MCU in your configuration.  This is similar to how I've set these up as well.  Adding a mesh of trunks (while possible) might introduce unnecessary confusion into your call routes.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bobby,

I am almost sure that you should be able to join audio-only calls in MCU. I am saying " almost " because, I am unable to find one document which confirms this in clear-cut statement but multiple documents does confirm the possibility. MCU comes with Video Ports & Audio-only ports too.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Done with this with recent versions of MCU code, VCS 7.1, and CUCM 7.1.  This is very straightforward, if you can already dial from video phones than ideally audio phones are using same mechanism.  Just make sure that the appropriate audio codecs are enabled on the MCU (which they are by default).  If participants land in an auto attendant, the audio phones should hear audio prompting asking for conf ID/PIN.  When in conf, their presence is shown by an icon to video participants if the configured.

Hello Fredrick,

Our MCU Codian is registered to VCSc, I already have a SIP Trunk betwn Call Manager and VCSc. Do i need to make another SIP Trunk for MCU on Call manager, so that cisco phone could dial using MCU Resources to the MCU Conference?

Bobby-

No, you should not.  Assuming everything is right with your dial plan, the VCS should provide the call signaling path towards the MCU in your configuration.  This is similar to how I've set these up as well.  Adding a mesh of trunks (while possible) might introduce unnecessary confusion into your call routes.

Hi Fred,

Iam not getting video from cisco 9971 video phone when i dial MCU conference, though for P2P calls i have video on cisco phones. Any clue?

Hi,

We have the same issue here. We can hear audio on the 9971 when we dial the MCU (7010) but there is no video coming to the phone. However we can see the video coming from the phone on the bridge.

Did you manage to resolve this?

Thanks.