Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime License Communication problem with CUCM

Hello Community,

I have a CUCM v11 on a BE6K UCS server, on which I am facing issue with linking the Cisco Prime License to the CUCM. Even though I have uploaded the license files via the Prime it looks like there is a problem on the CUCM to verify the licenses, since it is not able to recognize the plm.ciscolocal.com.

My question is on which is the best practice to solve this issue? Is there any chance that I could change the plm.ciscolocal.com to a known for my company DNS name, or just IP address (for example 10.0.19.20) so that the CUCM would be able to connect to Prime License Manager?

Attached you will find print-screens of CUCM and Prime License

Many thanks in advance,

George

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Change IP Address for what. You need to use the IP Address of CUCM only that you are doing I beleive. As far as name is concerned you can use anything and not necessarily the FQDN or IP address of CUCM server. The error shows authentication fail, which credentials are you using. You need to use OS Admin credentials that you use to SSH into the server and not the admin credentials.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you go to Product Instances on PLM and try to perform Synchronize Now.

Regards

Deepak

Hello Deepak,

Unfortunately, the Synchronize fails. Please check the attachments. Does Prime connect to CUCM via DNS or IP address? If DNS is the case then I must check again the DNS resolution

Moreover, is there any chance that I could change the IP address on plm.ciscolocal.com ?

thanks for your assistance,

George

Change IP Address for what. You need to use the IP Address of CUCM only that you are doing I beleive. As far as name is concerned you can use anything and not necessarily the FQDN or IP address of CUCM server. The error shows authentication fail, which credentials are you using. You need to use OS Admin credentials that you use to SSH into the server and not the admin credentials.

Regards

Deepak

Thank you so much Deepak,

The problem was with the credentials and I finally managed to connect the 2 Platforms. Now I have another problem/question (I have registered 2 79XX devices on the CUCM but it looks that the license file is not the proper one), which most probably I will have to solve with Cisco Licensing team

That is correct Georgios, you will need to get in touch with the Licensing Team in order to get this sorted out.

Regards

Deepak